Collection and Use of Information: We collect information in the following ways and for the following purposes:
- Registration. In order to use the Services you must provide certain Personal Information to us such as your full name, organization name, and email address. In general, none of your registration information will be shared with any other users of the Services, aside from the public user profile information you submit. We also collect and link with your user account various information which may include your name, email address, phone number, payment information, physical address, as well as those of your connections.
- Single Sign Ons and Third Party Network Data. You can log-in to use the Services by inputting your Google, Facebook, Twitter or LinkedIn account details. We will therefore have access to any public profile data that you make available through the permissions on those third party networks. We store this third party network data for user authentication and to tailor user application experiences and for sales/marketing outreach within the Services to our users.
- Content Uploads & Contacts. When you use the Services, we store the content you upload (including product information, product-related media) and your public user profile information (which may include names, work information, slogans, profile headers and images). You own the content you provide but we will help you share that product content and the content in your public user profile, with other Users. The analytics around your profile, content you make available, and messages you send through the Services will be visible to us and potentially other Users including, product likes and lists, comments on the Houba blog, product comments and reviews, and details of the users, brands and categories of products that you are following on the Website. We use this information to improve the Services and our recommendations to you.
- Your Contacts. If during the use of our Services you provide us with access to your contacts, we store those contacts on our system. This will make it easier for you to do things like share your Content, send emails and messages, and invite others to use the Services.
- Device Data. We may collect information from and about the devices you and other users use to access the Services and Content. This may include IP addresses, the type of browser and device used, and identifiers associated with those devices. Your devices (depending on their settings) may also transmit location information to the Services (eg. via Mobile GPS).
- Houba Mail; User Communications. The Services are intended to facilitate business communications and interactions in the product space. Houba Mail is a feature of the Services that allow other users to contact you via Houba Mail, even if your profiles are not connected on Houba (eg. you have not invited or accepted an invite from another User to connect) or are not connected on third-party social networks. We collect analytics around Houba Mail User messaging and communications, which we evaluate to improve our Services and the overall experience we provide to Houba Users. Furthermore, we are very proud to be associated with the wonderful Houba User community and take enforcement of the User Conduct Policy very seriously. We retain the right to monitor any content posted, submitted to, or messaged through the Houba Services including Houba Mail, to ensure that our User Conduct Policy is not being violated. Houba does not generally track the contents of communications sent between users.
- Statistics. We collect statistics about use of the Services primarily for service improvement. This information will be kept confidential, however, aggregate statistics that do not personally identify an individual will be kept by us and such aggregate statistics may be made available to other Users or third parties.
- Personalized Recommendations: Through the capabilities of the Services and use of various tracking technologies we will have access to certain information about how users interact with the Services and our application including tracking individual events across the web application and collection of heat maps of activity on individual pages on the Website. We may use this information to make recommendations on how to optimize your use of the Services (for example, if you have created a product page but don’t have any graphics we may recommend vendors offering graphic creation services to you). We may also show you specific content based on your user activity, and also recommend other Users we suggest you connect with.
Terms & Conditions of Service
Important Exceptions: We need to abide by the law. Houba may disclose your information to third parties without your consent if we determine that such disclosure is reasonably necessary to (a) comply with the law; (b) protect any person from death or serious bodily injury; (c) prevent fraud or abuse of Houba Services or our Users; or (d) protect Houba’s intellectual property rights. If Houba is subject to a reorganization, merger, acquisition or sale of our assets, your information and content may be transferred as part of that deal. We will notify you (via an email message to the email address associated with your account) of any such deal and present your options.
Security: The security of your Personal Information is important to us. We use commercially reasonable efforts to store and maintain your Personal Information in a secure environment. We use established third party cloud hosting providers and third party CRM providers to store and host your data. We take technical, contractual, administrative, and physical security steps designed to protect Personal Information that you provide to us. We have implemented procedures designed to limit the dissemination of your Personal Information to only such designated staff as are reasonably necessary to carry out the stated purposes we have communicated to you.
You are also responsible for helping to protect the security of your Personal Information. For instance, you should never give out your email, password and account information for the Services to third parties.
Access and Accuracy: You have the right to access the Personal Information we hold about you in order to verify the Personal Information we have collected in respect to you and to have a general account of our uses of that information. Upon receipt of your written request, we will provide you with a copy of your Personal Information although in certain limited circumstances, we may not be able to make all relevant information available to you such as where that information also pertains to another user. In such circumstances, we will provide reasons for the denial to you upon request. We will endeavor to deal with all requests for access and modifications in a timely manner.
We will make every reasonable effort to keep your Personal Information accurate and up-to-date, and we will provide you with mechanisms to update, correct, delete or add to your Personal Information as appropriate. As appropriate, this amended Personal Information will be transmitted to those parties to which we are permitted to disclose your information. Having accurate Personal Information about you enables us to give you the best possible service.
Contact Us: If you have any questions, comments or suggestions of if you find any errors in our information about you or for any issues or complaints related to privacy concerns, please email us at [email protected].
Last Updated: June 27, 2017